Electricity & Water
- Keep electrical appliances and toys away from water. Never use a radio near bathtubs, sinks, or showers, unless it is battery-operated.
- When you are wet, standing in water, or have wet hands, never touch electric cords, switches, or appliances.
Be sure outlets near water sources have ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to protect you against shock. If your outlets don't have them, use portable GFCIs. Some new appliances like hair dryers have GFCIs incorporated into their wiring and offer equivalent protection to outlet GFCIs. Keep electrical appliances and cords away from water and wet hands.
Copyright 2015 Culverco, LLC. All rights reserved. Not for print reproduction or distribution.